About Me

My photo
I am Miss Texas International 2011. I was recently crowned in San Antonio, Texas on March 13th, 2011. I also won the Fitness & Interview award. This experience is one of the most exhilirating and amazing accomplishments I have ever achieved. I was born and raised in the great city of Dallas,Texas. My platform is "Preventing Child Obesity" and I have dedicated my reign to educate parents and children about the importance of healthy food choices. Educating children at a young age about the importance of eating right is a significant part of my life; which is why I continue to reach out to new organizations providing new ideas to help prevent child obesity. I am available for appearances,attend special presentations and assist with civic and non-profit oriented projects. To schedule an appearance, contact the State Office, at 210.403.0589 and ask for Kristin Koether, Executive State Director. Inner beauty if a very important part of my beliefs; my favorite quote that reminds me of that everyday is "Beauty cannot be seen or even touched, it must be felt with the heart" Thanks for visiting my page!

Friday, April 29, 2011

Miss Texas' Latest Appearance Was A Home Run!

HOMERUN!!! Go Roughriders!!!- The yells and chants I heard in the stands on Sunday at the Frisco Roughriders baseball game. I had the pleasure of being a special guest at the Frisco Roughriders baseball game on Sunday, April 11th. They played the Arkansas Travellers and came away with a successful win! Way to go guys! The unique opportunity kids have with the Roughriders team on Sunday's is not only to come out and enjoy a family-friendly environment and a good baseball game but kids get to RUN THE BASES before the game. The players and staff are encouraging kids to run for exercise and enjoy outside activities to keep you active.


I had the pleasure of meeting several sweet little girls who were thoroughly excited about the game and how cool to have Miss Texas in the crowd with them! I had tons of fun and can't wait for another game! Thanks to Kurtis Little for your hospitality and Big Welcome to the game.


Tomorrow I have a unique opportunity at Austin Elementary School in Mesquite, Texas where I will be speaking to the kids about how to overcome their challenges in school. Few people know while my platform is Preventing Childhood Obesity that my struggle as a child was ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder). At a young age it is challenging and difficult for kids to stay motivated, confident and feel successful when they struggle in school. Well, I am here to tell you kids- YOU CAN DO IT! Never give up. I was only diagnosed with ADD at the age of 17; far into my studies in school but that wasn't going to stop me from accomplishing my dreams as a student, a career woman and even as Miss Texas International. I look forward to meeting each and everyone one of these kids and sharing my story. "In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can". I know each and every one of these kids can so now lets just encourage them to BELIEVE! I will update you all on my after story from this visit.


Thanks for visiting..we will chat very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment