About Me

My photo
I am Miss Texas International 2011. I was recently crowned in San Antonio, Texas on March 13th, 2011. I also won the Fitness & Interview award. This experience is one of the most exhilirating and amazing accomplishments I have ever achieved. I was born and raised in the great city of Dallas,Texas. My platform is "Preventing Child Obesity" and I have dedicated my reign to educate parents and children about the importance of healthy food choices. Educating children at a young age about the importance of eating right is a significant part of my life; which is why I continue to reach out to new organizations providing new ideas to help prevent child obesity. I am available for appearances,attend special presentations and assist with civic and non-profit oriented projects. To schedule an appearance, contact the State Office, at 210.403.0589 and ask for Kristin Koether, Executive State Director. Inner beauty if a very important part of my beliefs; my favorite quote that reminds me of that everyday is "Beauty cannot be seen or even touched, it must be felt with the heart" Thanks for visiting my page!

Friday, July 31, 2009

WIRED- Zip Line Challenge

I had my first adventure of zip lining this past weekend at WIRED in Canton, Texas. Although I was worried the weather was determined to keep us from enjoying this experience ,we made it through just in time. It rained on us all the way from Dallas to Canton and sprinkled on and off for about an hour after we arrived. Cindy and Shirley were there with all their wonderful guides prepared to take us on this awesome zip line challenge course.

We started this challenge with the help of the awesome guides who assisted with our harness's, helmet and glove gear. After we were all geared up (literally) we went over to ground school to learn the proper way to sit in the harness and how to stop yourself when your guide tells you too. Although it was the first time for everyone to try this in our group, I seemed to need a little extra practice, hey! third time is a charm, right?! Once we completed ground school and received our Wired wings we climbed up the tallest tower to start our journey through the zip line course. The first line was so exhilirating and made me anxious for the next one! We went on to zip the longest line in Texas and another one over a swampy area where I got to see a beaver! Then I approached the end and was sent down to zip the last line that completed my challenge.

We had such an amazing time at WIRED! The guides were all so very helpful and entertaining to say the least. Visit their website at www.ziptheusa.com for more information about the zip line challenge!

5 comments:

  1. It was nice to meet you at WIRED! a couple weekends ago. You may remember me as the crazy lady who took pics with you. Glad you had a fun experience! The guides and staff at WIRED! are great and very knowledgeable.

    Allie from Screweduptexan.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allie,

    It was a pleasure to meet you at WIRED! I do remember you, as the enthusiastic, creative young lady who took pics with me! I have been reading your blog frequently but have not seen the blog about our meeting! I look forward to reading the blog and seeing our wonderful pictures. We all had a great experience at WIRED and cannot wait to go back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I have our photo that has been "tweaked"...not bad just funny. I'll post it soon. I hope you have a good sense of humor :) Just go with it...

    PS: I'll leave you a comment when I put it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, it is up...I hope you have a sense of humor. Very nice to meet you!

    http://www.screweduptexan.com/2009/08/i-hope-miss-dallas-has-sense-of-humor.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Affiliate Marketing On The Internet
    Affiliate Marketing is a performance based sales technique used by companies to expand their reach into the internet at low costs. This commission based program allows affiliate marketers to place ads on their websites or other advertising efforts such as email distribution in exchange for payment of a small commission when a sale results.

    www.onlineuniversalwork.com

    ReplyDelete